empyreal anime Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
This is where announcements will be put in the future. Things such as SOTW start and finishing times, SOTW winners, site updates, etc.

3 posters

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Movie)

Jackums
    Jackums

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Movie) Empty Avatar: The Last Airbender (Movie)

Post by Jackums Mon May 17, 2010 12:18 pm

The Last Airbender is an upcoming American action-adventure fantasy film scheduled to be released on July 2, 2010. It is a live-action film adaptation based on the first season of the animated television series, Avatar: The Last Airbender. The first of a planned trilogy, it will be produced by Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies. The series, influenced by Asian art, mythology and various martial arts fighting styles, was created by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, and was adapted by M. Night Shyamalan, who will also direct and produce the film, along with Frank Marshall, Kathleen Kennedy, Sam Mercer and Scott Aversano. Filming began in mid-March 2009; the movie is scheduled to be released on July 2, 2010 in both traditional two-dimensional projectors, as well as in 3D.

The film stars Noah Ringer as Aang, a reluctant hero who prefers adventure over his job as the Avatar. Aang and his friends, Katara and Sokka, journey to the North Pole to find a Waterbending master to teach Aang and Katara the secrets of the craft. At the same time, Fire Lord Ozai, the current Fire Lord of the Fire Nation, is waging a seemingly endless war against the Earth Kingdom, the Water Tribes, and the already vanquished Air Nomads. The film also stars Nicola Peltz, Jackson Rathbone, and Dev Patel.

This'll be awesome. Effects look insane.
    Discuss.
    Raving Shadow
    Raving Shadow
    Oh gawd
    Oh gawd

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Movie) Empty Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (Movie)

Post by Raving Shadow Tue May 18, 2010 12:45 am

Don't think i'll like it.
    I'm not a fan of live action movies : S
    ayu.chan
    ayu.chan
    Academy Student
    Academy Student

Post by ayu.chan Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:48 pm

this movie was....
    extremely okay. I didn't hate it, but I would totally go with watching the cartoon anyday. I was superly disappointed in the cast. ;-;
    Everyone has this problem with the bending, but I didn't really see a need to complain. xD; Actors were the main thing for me, and I hated how fast paced it was. But, what can you do in 90 minutes, right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm